Vacancies: Patient Access Specialist
Patient Access Specialist
Supervisor: Operations Manager
This position is responsible for scheduling appointments for a healthcare organization’s various satellite offices and practices. The Patient Access Specialist is also responsible for completing tasks associated with scheduling appointments and providing a high level of customer service to patients seeking information or scheduling any type of medical, dental or mental health service.
Activities, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answering high volume inbound calls.
- Makes outbound calls to patients to schedule services.
- Register and schedule patients for medical, dental or mental health appointments.
- Verification of insurance eligibility, benefits and pre-certification need as part of the registration and scheduling processes.
- Ensure accuracy in data entry through a multitude of CRM/EMR systems.
- Update patient demographic and insurance information as required.
- Provide unparalleled customer service to all patients inquiring about additional information.
- Maintains confidentiality outlined in privacy portion of the federal Health Information Privacy and Portability Act of 1996.
- Other duties/projects assigned by the Managing Supervisor.
- 1-3 years of experience as a patient access representative, patient service representative, healthcare call center representative, or healthcare customer service agent
- Must be able to answer a high volume of inbound calls in an efficient manner
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Possesses the ability to work in a constantly changing environment, good judgment skills, and capable of making decisions with attention to detail.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and coordinate workload with high degree of proficiency and accuracy.
- Must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work easily and cooperatively with other departments.
- Ability to work independently and follow through on tasks without direct supervision.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a flexible, diplomatic and expeditious manner.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of patients’ medical records and adherence to all HIPAA and ACHC policies and regulations.
- Must be extremely accurate with attention to details, policies, and procedures.
- Excellent and accurate calculator, and computer skills. Including the ability to use, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, E-Mail.
- Minimum of 2 years of work-related experience desirable.
- Knowledge with medical appointment scheduling preferred.
- Medical office experience is desirable.
- Must have excellent computer knowledge and accurate keyboard skills.
Span of Control:
This position is responsible for key revenue cycle generation processes that have an impact on the company’s cash flow including but not limited to establishing hard-copy and computerized files, entering third party billing information and subsequent medical billings and ensuring all documentation is present and claims are billed in a timely manner and without error.
This position requires frequent to extensive contact with individuals both inside and outside the company. Due to the nature of the contacts (including phone calls to insurance companies, Medicaid offices, Medicare regions and families with insurance payments) this position requires a 95% or greater English proficiency. Must also maintain the highest-level of confidentiality. All work will be recorded for quality and training purposes.
Please send us a friendly note and attach your professional CV and we shall be in touch about next steps if your profile meets our needs.